Thursday, May 6, 2010

Welcome to my blog

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this blog so let me just introduce myself and this blog. I'm currently working in a technology company where my job is to take care of the Microsoft part of the IT projects which means suggesting suitable Microsoft technologies, handling licensing of Microsoft products and implementing Microsoft solutions. My path to SharePoint began four years back when i started working for my current employer. Back then it was Sharepoint Portal Server 2003 aka SPS, i did some webpart development in the start. The purpose back then was to implement a Business Process Management solution in SharePoint by integrating it with a popular BPMS. As you might know, workflows were absent in that version of SharePoint so we had to use the BPMS for workflows, it was some pain integrating the two but the experience was none the less very helpful in my quest to get to know SharePoint better. Along the way, i got to work with other Microsoft technologies as well like Team Foundation Server, Project Server, InfoPath and SQL Server to name a few. Now about this blog, as the name suggests, i will be focusing mainly on SharePoint products and technologies in this blog but other technology related stuff might come up too. You are all welcome to contribute to this blog by adding your valuable comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment